Project: processing-sc / Class: Server
Represents a single instance of a SuperCollider server. A default global server is created upon startup, Server.local, corresponding to the local server with the default port of 57110.
- NetAddress addr - contains the server's port and IP address
- Group default_group - the server's default group, to which nodes are added by default (node ID 1)
- Group root_group - the server's root group, to which nodes should not normally be added (node ID 0)
- float latency - messaging latency in seconds, used for accurate message scheduling (default 0.05)
- Server Server.local - class var, contains the default local server (port 57110)
Create a new server object, interfacing with the given IP address and port.
SuperCollider's default local server is assigned the address 127.0.0.1:57110, and can be accessed with the class var Server.local.
Class method, used to initialize the local server and preload the OSC/SuperCollider classes. This is automatically called when a Synth, Group, Buffer or Bus object is first created. However, this introduces a delay at runtime, which can be avoided by calling Server.init() beforehand.